Q: Do I need to make a reservation and how far in advance do I have book my reservation?
• . We take walk-in’s: however, we strongly recommend making a reservation to ensure availability and so you get the watercraft you want.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
• We are open 365 days a year.
• 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
• Last hourly appointment for Kayaks, and Stand-up Paddleboards is 4:00 PM. Last appointment for boats is 1:30 PM.
Q: What kind of watercraft does BoatFlorida Rentals have for rent?
• We have Sport Deck and Deck Boats, Pontoons, Tritoon, as well as Kayaks, and Stand-up Paddleboards.
Q: Is there a deposit?
• You must have a major credit card or debit card with your name imprinted on the card and will need to present it, along with your picture ID at the time of check-in. This card is to be the one used to make the reservation and you will be charged the full amount at the time of making the reservation. There is a $500.00 deposit required for all rentals. You will be financially responsible for any damages which may exceed this deposit amount.
Q: What is your cancellation/refund policy?
• There is a 48-hour cancellation policy; there is a $10.00 cancellation fee if you cancel more than 48 hours prior to your reservation and you will not be eligible for any refund if you do not show up for your reservation or if you cancel within 48 hours prior to the reservation time.
• The company may cancel your reservation at any time due to unsafe weather and/or boating conditions, or in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If the company cancels your reservation you will be issued a full refund.
Q: Is your online reservations system secure?
• We are PCI Compliant (The PCI security standards are a blanket of regulations set in place to safeguard payment account data security. The council that develops and monitors these regulations is comprised of the leading providers in the payment industry: American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa Inc. Inc. International. Essentially, they define the best practices for storing, transmitting, and handling of sensitive information over the Internet.
In addition, all tests were conducted by two third party companies, SecurityMetrics and Plynt, which guarantees that no shortcuts were taken in proving our compliancy.
Q: What’s included with the rentals? (fuel, life jackets, etc)
• You get full use of the vessel you have rented.
• All safety equipment, including life jackets, is included with the cost of the rental.
• Boats are kept with a full tank of gas. You will pay for the fuel you use.
Q: What if I have no boating experience?
• Our competent and experienced crew will guide you through a boating orientation, and we recommend completing the Safe Boating Course available at BoatUS.org.
Q: How old do I have to be to rent boat?
• Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who operates a vessel powered by 10 horsepower or more must pass an approved boater safety course and have in his/her possession a photo ID and a boating safety education identification card issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. For information on obtaining a FREE boater’s safety card, please visit www.boatus.org.
• Renter must have a valid driver's license and be at least 21 years old. (18 years or older to rent kayaks or SUPs).
• Renter must sign a legal and binding contract and abide by all terms of said agreement.
Q: What do I do when it's time to come in at the end of my rental?
• Drive the boat to the end of the channel where you dropped off the deck-hand upon your departure. One of our staff members will come out to meet you and guide the boat safely to the fuel dock where you will pay the marina Dock Master at the pump for whatever fuel you used. There, one of our crew will finalize the checkout paperwork.
Q: How many people do the boats hold?
• Our boats can accommodate anywhere from 1 to 8 passengers, depending on the boat as well as the weight of the passengers. Please call for specific details or if you have questions.
Q: What if I want to hire someone to drive the boats for us?
• If you hire someone to drive the boat, they must have a valid and current Captain’s license.
Q: Do we trailer the boats down to the launch ramp?
• No, that's one of the best parts, all watercraft will be in the water ready to go when you arrive!
Q: How do I know where to go?
• We run you through an orientation of the watercraft as well as the local waters and show you where to go on the waterway maps we provide. We can show you all the local highlights, restaurants, and even local fishing spots.
Q: Can we keep the boats overnight?
• No, rentals cannot be taken for nightly runs or overnight stays.
Q: Will I need to refuel the boats during the day?
• Not on a 4-hour rental, and it’s rare on an 8-hour rental. However, this depends on how far the boat is taken and how hard the motor is run.
Q: Where is a good place to anchor?
• Our crew will review the local waterways and highlights with you upon your arrival.
Q: Are dogs or pets allowed on your boats?
• We are now pet friendly. There is a $500.00 deposit required for all rentals. You will be financially responsible for any damages, including damages caused by pets, which may exceed this deposit amount.